Friday 27 August 2010

Autumn Reads

Okay, I read most of these over the summer, but I was too tired/lazy/busy to blog about them. But on with the books.

First of all, I'd like to rave about Faith Hunter's Rogue Mage trilogy, which I finished over the summer. Very cool. Rather dark, but incredibly detailed, imaginative and meticulously researched. Kudos. Too bad the series seems to end there. I would have loved to read more about Thorn's antics and what happens next in the post-ap world...

Another writer who gets more praise from me is Kresley Cole. I devoured Demon from the Dark in a single day. Wow... The men she writes are so hot they pretty much singe your fingers from the page. Another good one for the Immortals After Dark series. I wouldn't recommend starting the series from this (the latest) installment. Hunger Like No Other starts the series and is one damn fine book. I'd suggest starting with that one.

I'm officially hooked on both Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs. I can pretty much recommend anything by them if you like urban fantasy. Yup, I'm still on that trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment